American Polish Assistance Association Wish List
1. DOILIES - We will clean them, wash them, starch them and re-thread of re-weave them. They are going to be sold in our "Antique Vintage Shop" with profits going to the orphanages
2. FROM YOUR LOCAL DOLLAR STORE: Crayons, Chalk, Colored Pencils, Pencils, Pens, Magic Markers, Clay, Play Dough, Coloring Books, Tablets, Memo Books and related school supplies.
3. CLOTHING FOR INFANTS. This may be new or used. The used clothing should be clean, free from stains and tears and can include underwear and baby blankets.
4. CLOTHING FOR CHILDREN. All types of clothing plus shoes for children from ages 1-16. New or used and in good shape.
5. CLOTHING FOR TEENAGERS. Clothing for both girls and boys along with shoes. New or used and in good shape.
6. AFGHANS AND BLANKETS.
7. VITAMINS FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS.
8. Toothpaste, tooth-brushes, bars of soap, baby powder, band-aids, gauze, medical tape, vaseline, antibiotic creams, cough drops, powdered soap, lotions for children and lotions vs. diaper rash.
9. CANDY. Hard candy, suckers, tootsie roll pops, gum, life savers and bags of small chocolate bars.
10. CLOTHING FOR ADULTS. Men and women. This clothing is used by the Felician Sisters at their center in Warsaw. This is a center for the homeless and the clothing is kept for those people who come for a warm meal and are in need of the essentials for their own well-being.
11. STUFFED ANIMALS AND TOYS....especially small cars & trucks for the little boys. All stuffed animals are sent to orphanages. In many of the countries to the east - Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania, the children in the village have never seen such toys. Any dolls that have built in tapes and either speak or make sounds are sent to the centers for blind children.
PLEASE BRING YOUR DONATIONS TO THE OFFICE OF THE AMERICAN POLISH ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION. IT IS LOCATED AT 23801 GRATIOT IN THE CITY OF EASTPOINTE, NEAR THE CORNER OF GRATIOT AND STEPHENS (9 1/2 MILE RD). THE NUMBER TO THE OFFICE IS 586 - 778-9766.
IF YOU ARE BRINGING YOUR DONATIONS TO ANY OTHER PLACE, SUCH AS TRANSFIGURATION PARISH WHERE THE POLISH AMERICAN SENIORS MEET, PLEASE INCLUDE A CARD WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS.